When you think of Napa a few things immediately come to mind: wine tastings, vineyards, delicious food and picturesque views through California’s famous wine country. But Napa’s hidden gems are equally as impressive too; like their olive groves, art galleries, farm to table roadside stands, luxury spa hotels and even hot air balloon rides that the valley has become known for. Napa is a celebration destination and whether you’re there to be wined and dined or simply unwind from city life, you can definitely check off quite a few bucket-list worthy moments on your visit.
My recent escape to the west coast was nothing short of fabulous and was my first media trip since the pandemic began. I was honored to kick off work-travel again for the global premiere and first drive of the all-new 2022 Infiniti QX60. The windy roads of Napa that lead to California’s beautiful coastline were the perfect runways for testing out one of the most anticipated luxury SUV’s of the year.. and I did just that!
Welcome to Claire’s House, Infiniti’s intimately curated space at the Alila Hotel Napa Valley.
Infiniti’s curated weekend was centered around a very specific customer that they coined Claire.Claire is a chic, go-getting, handles-it-all-in-style kinda lady boss, who appreciates the extra time and attention that went into to crafting a vehicle made to help her life flow easier, without skipping a beat on safety. At Claire’s house (an intimately curated space at our host hotel, the Alila Hotel Napa Valley), Infiniti showcased many of the all-new QX60’s uniqueness like the color palette, leather interior options and more. It also gave me a chance to speak with the engineers and expert’s first hand, where I learned about the impeccable craftsmanship that went into creating a vehicle made with one simple goal in mind; helping us, the Claire’s of the world #ConquerLifeInStyle.
How many times have you just sat in your car for a breather or to simply decompress from the outside world?
For many of us the answer is: often. The all-new QX60 embodies a sanctuary away from the everyday chaos of life, especially if that means escaping for just a few moments of refreshment in your car. Whether you’re dropping off the kids, handling a hectic grocery run or enjoying a night out on the town, every element from the moment you step into the QX60 was crafted to elevate your experience and mood while driving. After experiencing it from the driver’s seat, I can attest that the all-new QX60’s sophisticated style, serene comfort and modern Japanese luxury hits all the marks.
Here are my top seven features that set Infiniti’s new luxury SUV apart in its category. If you’re in the hunt for a vehicle upgrade this fall this should be a strong contender.
1. First, let’s start with the elevated features that come standard in the all-new 2022 QX60 including: a 12.3-inch INFINITI InTouch™ Interactive Display with wireless Apple CarPlay® and USB-based Android Auto™ compatibility software, leather-appointed first and second-row seats, a panoramic moonroof, power liftgate, and rear parking sensors. Additionally, every QX60 is powered by an award-winning 295-horsepower 3.5-liter V-6 engine teamed with an all-new 9-speed automatic transmission.
2. The ultra quiet cabin is made for a sensory escape with adjustable massaging seats available in three modes to match your mood. For me this was a game-changer. My drive felt more at ease, manageable and commanding on the road with an even smoother in cabin experience compared to other SUV’s I’ve driven.
3. The bumper-to-bumper exterior refined style caught my eye too. Subtle changes were made from Qx60’s previous body-style giving this new version a sleeker more refined exterior. I appreciated the small touches like the Infiniti LED branding upon walk up and opening the vehicle and of course that signature Infiniti grill, wheels and trim.
4. The intelligent power lift-gate that both opens and closes the trunk is clutch when your hands are full. I really appreciated this feature. See my Instagram highlights for my quick demo, click here.
5. The detailed tailored quilt stitching throughout the console and seating in Saddle Brown leather really makes the interior pop. I can see why previous owners opted to spend so much time in their QX60’s. “Depending on the grade, interior colors include Graphite and Sandstone leather-appointed seats. Saddle Brown is available on SENSORY and AUTOGRAPH grades to complement the QX60’s tailored and serene interior, with semi-aniline leather appointments standard to QX60 AUTOGRAPH buyers” (from the brand).
6. The seating and storage: all QX60 models seat 7 with theatre style seating in the rear – a really nice touch to make passengers feel like they are apart of the drive-experience. The easy fold third-row lie flat seating comes equipped with exceptional storage space AND a bonus hidden underflow compartment is a plus.
7. The technology upgrades throughout the cabin were sweet too. Massaging seats available in three modes, charging ports throughout the vehicle, an Alexa-powered keyless start, the QX60 AUTOGRAPH edition adds exclusive second-row captain’s chairs, a lightweight removable second-row console, 10.8-inch crystal-clear head-up display with dual free-form mirrors, Smart Rear View Mirror, Adaptive Front Lighting system and color-contrast black roof and roof rails.
Now you may be asking a few questions of your own in your hunt for the perfect Infiniti QX60 including the obvious: how much does it cost? What about fuel economy and more? Starting at an impressive $46,850 for their PURE model, the 4-grade model options include: PURE, LUXE, SENSORY AND AUTOGRAPH and all available in AWD.
With various package options, colors and more, there’s much to choose from based on your budget and style. I’ll leave it to the experts if you’d like to learn more about the all new QX60. Of course, luxury is always in high demand and “interested customers in the U.S. can access INFINITI’s reservation program allowing them the opportunity to be one of the first to receive their 2022 QX60 later this year”. Click here for more.
Thank you team Infiniti for including me in this amazing weekend experience, exploring Napa in the all-new 2022 QX60. I’m excited to finally see them on the road in all their luxurious glory this fall, sure to be a showstoppers in traffic.
Disclosure: I was invited by Infiniti Global to experience their first-drive of the all-new QX60. Travel and accommodations were included.
All opinions are my own.